GRANT APPLICATIONS - Council would like to hear from local groups and clubs, and will consider applications throughout the year.
View the council's Grant Policy includes Small Sparks Grants Programme
View the Grant Application form preferably download and forward as per guidance notes
View Application Guidance Notes
Facilities available in the Parish
- Ruspidge Memorial Hall - hover over photo below
- Soudley Village Hall - hover over photo below
- Three Play areas:
- Soudley Recreation Ground GL14 2TZ - cradle and junior swings, multi-play unit, basketball post, youth shelter, and field.
- Woodland View, Buckshaft GL14 3DU - cradle and junior swings, tower slide, multi-play unit.
- Ruspidge Recreation Field - cradle and junior swings, outdoor gym, youth shelter, 'fort', spring toys, multi-play unit, nest swing, Multi-Use-Games Area (MUGA) - all FREE! Just bring along your ball and play basketball or football with your friends on a floodlight court.
- Ruspidge Field, Lower Ruspidge (above the Fish and Chip Shop). - This field is available for hire for any suitable activity. New changing rooms and a toilet block have been installed. Contact the Clerk on 825343 for further information.
- Blue Rock Trail - an off road track running from the bottom of Ruspidge Road along the old railway line to Top Road, Soudley. See and admire the sculptures and memorial stone along the way.
Your Community - hover over pictures for details or click for website.
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS - hover over pictures for details or click for website.
FVAF - Forest Voluntary Action Forum 01594 822073
Supporting volunteering and the voluntary and community sector in the Forest of Dean.
FVAF are always looking for volunteers. If you have a talent, a skill, or are just interested in volunteering they would love to hear from you.
Foresters' Forest is a Heritage Lottery Funded Landscape Partnership Programme to raise awareness of what makes the Forest of Dean special in terms of its built, natural and cultural heritage. There are opportunities now to get involved in a wide variety of activities; from wildlife surveys and conservation to local literature reviews or photographing heritage features. There is free training where needed, so this could help develop skills that are useful for work experience or just increasing your knowledge and understanding.
We have a Volunteer Update, which provides regular information about opportunities to volunteer and get involved. You can subscribe, free, to this here:
You can also follow us on Social Media to keep up to date:
Facebook - Foresters' Forest Landscape Partnership
Twitter and Instagram - @forestersforest
Website - www.forestersforest.uk
For further information contact FVAF on 01594 822073
St. Whites Primary School, St. Whites Road, Cinderford, Glos. GL14 3DH
Soudley Primary School, Church Road, Cinderford, Glos. GL14 2UA